Thu, Mar 23, 2023
Read in 8 minutes
Intellectual property plays a crucial role in businesses, particularly in today’s knowledge-based economy. Intellectual property is one of the most important assets of any organisation. The process of managing your intellectual property in a streamlined manner is generally becoming more crucial in modern enterprises. Intellectual property is a valuable asset that can increase the overall value of a business.
Proper and accurate management of intellectual property is important in businesses because it helps to stay updated with competitors and their awards and infringements. Protecting intellectual property is essential for businesses as it helps to safeguard their innovative ideas, brand identity, and competitive advantage
How many visitors and guests walk to your organization every day? How do you protect your workplace’s valuable assets?Is Confidentiality your major concern?
It’s really hard to keep track of everyone who is present at the premises at the particular moment doing whatever they want such as stealing stuff, breaching your privacy, robbing your intellectual property etc. So, it becomes crucial to protect your intellectual property making your workplace safe and secure using a reliable Management Solution such as Digital Visitor Management System.
In this post, we will see how the Digital Visitor management system proves to be one of the perfect solutions to protect your intellectual property at workplaces.
Intellectual property protection can help businesses maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace by preventing competitors from using similar or identical products, services, or trademarks. This can also help to enhance their market position and increase market share.
You have visitors, guests, temporary employees, and a wide range of people walking into your premises every day. Now, the major concern which arises is….
How do you differentiate between your visitors and allow them accordingly to enter only the specified areas?
• In manufacturing industries which always used to be equipped with expensive equipment, it is difficult to prevent visitors to enter confidential areas to protect these valuable assets. Your organization can have areas inside which are off-limits to some visitors. The entrances to such areas can have a separate kiosk where only authorized visitors will gain access. So,protecting these areas is vulnerable to them. A paper-based visitor log where people have to sign in manually to gain entry into your facility encounter various security issues compromising the security of your property.
• Consider manufacturing facilities which are the results of huge investments, and it becomes necessary to protect them from theft and vandalism. Administrrators can’t just depend upon paper based manual methods to ensure security of their equipment and intellectual property.
• Intellectual property protection can help businesses maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace by preventing competitors from using similar or identical products and services.
Considering all the above facts ,it becomes much more apparent to implement a reliable solution to protect your workplace and assets from getting into the hands of unscrupulous individuals.
Organizations with high-security needs to protect their assets are looking increasingly towards a smarter and stronger Visitor Management System to strengthen their locations, instill confidence in employee safety, and protect intellectual property by taking control of visitor access.
At their simplest,Visitor management system are important as they allow businesses to keep track of who is in the building at any given time to ensure maximum security.
The need for an NDA commonly arises when visitors or guests need to spend time at an organization’s facilities coming in contact with your valuable assets and property.
A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) can be an effective tool for protecting proprietary information related to a visitor management system. Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) are legal contracts that aim to protect confidential information from being disclosed to unauthorized parties.
• In the context of offices and intellectual property, NDAs can be used to protect sensitive company information, such as trade secrets, business plans, and proprietary technology.
• You can easily protect your company’s intellectual property by capturing guest signatures at the time of sign-in. By storing guest signatures, NDAs and others, legal documents can be quickly completed.
• In an office setting, NDAs may be used to protect intellectual property in a number of ways. For example, when employees are hired, they may be required to sign an NDA as a condition of employment. This NDA would typically prohibit the employee from disclosing any confidential information about the company, including trade secrets and proprietary technology, both during their employment and after their departure from the company.
• Additionally, if a company is working with a third-party vendor or contractor to develop new technology or products, an NDA may be used to ensure that the vendor or contractor does not disclose any confidential information about the project to unauthorized parties.
• Overall, NDAs can be an important tool for offices to protect their intellectual property and maintain a competitive advantage. It is important to consult with legal counsel to ensure that NDAs are properly drafted and enforceable.
Digital Visitor Management System simplifies the process and manages the paperwork involved during the procedure. Using the most reliable and customisable Solution Vizitor, documents can now be electronically signed directly on the visitor self-service kiosk, touchless on their own smartphone, or during the pre registration process.
Normally, signing NDAs and ensuring compliance like GDPR have been a tedious and time-consuming process. The traditional method can cause bottlenecks and affect your business productivity and security as it includes lots of paperwork to be completed confidentially. Paper documents are prone to getting misplaced and lost and add an extra layer of unnecessary burden for offices.
However, as organizations innovate internal processes for efficiency, Digital NDAs have proven to be a very convenient solution to protect your valuable property and assets.
Advanced Visitor Management kiosks of Vizitor allow modern facilities to capture visitor signatures,sign legal documents and print badges, and add access controls to allow them to enter certain areas of your building.
Vizitor is one of the perfect solutions to allow businesses to protect their workplace in a number of ways such as–
• In addition to access control, a VMS can help ensure compliance with regulations related to intellectual property protection, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The system can store visitor information securely, and provide features such as visitor sign-in and sign-out tracking, digital record keeping, and data encryption to protect visitor information from unauthorized access.
• When implementing a VMS, it’s important to ensure that NDAs are incorporated into the check-in process when necessary. The NDA should clearly state the terms under which the visitor is agreeing to keep confidential information confidential. This may include the types of information that are considered confidential, the duration of the agreement, and the consequences of breaching the agreement.
• Once the NDA has been signed, the Visitor Management System can track and store the signed NDA as part of the visitor’s record. This can help ensure that the organization has a record of the visitor’s agreement to keep confidential information confidential, and can be useful in the event of a breach of the NDA.
• Monitor visitor behavior: A VMS can monitor visitor behavior and detect any attempts to take photographs, record video, or use mobile devices in prohibited areas. This can help prevent the unauthorized dissemination of intellectual property.
Identify which visitors will be required to sign an NDA. This may include visitors who will have access to confidential information or sensitive areas of the facility.
Create an NDA template that is clear, concise, and legally enforceable. The template should include the terms and conditions of the agreement, including the types of information that are considered confidential, the duration of the agreement, and the consequences of breaching the agreement.
Configure the VMS to require visitors to sign an NDA during the check-in process. This may involve integrating the NDA template into the VMS software, or providing visitors with a physical copy of the NDA to sign.
When visitors arrive, present them with the NDA to sign. This may involve having visitors sign the NDA electronically through the VMS, or having them sign a physical copy.
Once the NDA has been signed, store a digital or physical copy of the signed agreement in the visitor’s record in the VMS. Once the NDA has been signed through our contactless system Vizitor, it can be securely stored within the cloud. With Vizitor, you’ll automatically store and view signed legal documents where and when you want them.
There are great benefits to using Vizitor to get an NDA signed:
• Time savings
Security of its employees and valuable assets is the most important aspect in any organization. Implementing physical security and access control measures is an ongoing process. Visitor management will allow companies to prevent security breaches and meet compliance regulations. Try the vizitor to protect your assets and intellectual property at the workplace.