While visitor management has long been a critical consideration in the modern workplace, the need for a simple yet secure method of managing visitors and contractors has never been greater. If companies want to meet expectations for staff/customer safety and convenience, they must invest in visitor management technology.
Visitor Management for Better Security keeps track of who enters your office. This system replaces the traditional methods of recording visitors, such as manually writing down the information or storing the data in an excel sheet.
The following points will be discussed in this article.
- VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AND SYSTEM FEATURES
- VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FEATURES
- BEST PRACTICES FOR USING A VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
A visitor management system is more accessible because it stores all of the information in one place, eliminating the need to sift through stacks of paper records. A visitor management system helps you keep track of each and every visitor and their activities by utilizing cutting-edge technologies such as ID cards to gain access to the premises.
Visitor Management System and Better Security
A visitor management system has a significant impact on the safety and security of an organisation. With manual visitor entry and exit management, there is room for error and proxy, which can lead to unauthorized data infiltration.
A visitor management system, such as the one provided by vizitor, ensures that every visitor is counted. Every visitor is either invited by the company or accompanied by an employee, or is properly verified at the entrance with appropriate identification documents. Aside from that, visitors can register on the company's website or at the company's self-registration tablet, both of which ensure that no scams or unauthorised visits are tolerated.
The following are the security features offered by visitor management systems that can provide better safety and security to your company.
-Pre-Verified Identity and Controlled Access
To ensure maximum security, visitor access is granted only after their identity has been verified. This is accomplished by using OTP to verify phone numbers in real time, scanning and storing identity documents, and photographing them. Aside from that, the host employee has the choice of accepting or declining the visitor.
-Using QR Codes to Enter
After receiving an invitation from the company or an employee, an authorized visitor will receive a QR code via SMS on their smartphone. This QR code can be scanned at the reception area's vizitor tablet to obtain all pertinent visitor information. This information includes their name, phone number, identification documents, a photograph, and the host's name. The host now has the option of accepting or declining the visitor. If the visitor does not have a smartphone, they can register and print their tamper-proof QR code pass at the self-registration tablet/Reception Module.
-System of Rapid Reaction
In the event of unauthorised access or an emergency situation, the vizitor visitor management system has an emergency response system built in.
-Visibility of Visitor Activity in Real-Time and Restricted Access
Visitors' entries and exits are constantly monitored and updated, and live access to the data is available.This is a term that refers to a type of access that is
Multiple parameters are used to verify the identity of visitors, limiting and securing access. Unwanted elements can also be blocked from gaining access, which is useful for maintaining a secure workspace. These are some of the ways that the vizitor visitor management system can improve your company's security. This cost-effective solution makes it easier to invite and screen visitors, as well as store and access relevant data as needed. The vizitor visitor management system's security features make it one of the best options for enhanced security measures.
VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FEATURES
Here are important features of a visitor management platform that you need to address one by one:
- VMS provides the first line of defence against physical theft and loss of proprietary and confidential data by ensuring data security and user privacy. However, your organisation must be GDPR-compliant whenever it collects data. The GDPR's fundamentals include visitor consent, data transparency, and protection from external threats.
- Employees can receive instant notifications when they have a visitor, a specific visitor is denied access, or if there is an ongoing evacuation (can be applied to everyone in the building). Management can also keep track of employees' movements.
- Workflows that can be customised: The software can distinguish between different activities and enrol different protocols for each case. It could be for a client, a contractor, a delivery driver, or even a personal visitor.
- Visitor experience: A visitor management programme can eliminate paperwork, create a touch-free, sanitary environment, reduce the risk of unwanted exposure, implement an automatic and wireless ID system, and so on, all of which improve the overall experience.
- Management of compliance: When a person does not comply with the requirements of their visit, storing compliance records in a cloud-based platform comes in handy. Legal documents, such as non-disclosure agreements, on-site rules, waivers, and so on, can be stored in VMS.
- Access control systems, digital ID software, video intercom, surveillance systems, and other complementary visitor management solutions are all easily found by your organisation.
- Insights and reports Visitors by host, visits by reason, visitor books registration type, pattern reporting, headcount, and visitor feedback are some of the features that the system can provide. All of this can be examined to see if the system can be made better for workers or visitors in any way.
BEST PRACTICES FOR USING A VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
There are a few things you can do to make the transition from paper logs and manual processes easier. The following are eight best practises for improving visitor management success and productivity.
#MATCH VISITOR MANAGEMENT TO YOUR OVERALL SECURITY OBJECTIVES
Security goals, how security risk management intersects with broader business objectives, and potential threats, risks, and vulnerabilities to people, information, and assets are all detailed in the security plan. What role does a visitor management system play here?
VMS, as previously stated, can be used for a variety of purposes. So you're hoping that the newly integrated solution will meet your requirements.
Do you want to keep unattended personnel out of a specific location? Then you might want to consider adding facial recognition to your VMS. Integrations, on the other hand, will be discussed later.
#COLLECT INFORMATION FROM VISITORS AT THE ENTRANCE
To boost your data, use your visitor management system. When a visitor checks in, their information is saved in the cloud software or on your local servers. It may include the following items:
- Phone number
- Emergency phone number
- Visiting date and time
- Estimated time of the visit
- Staff member(s) assigned to them
- Publicly available health information, such as temperature during the visit
#DEVELOP A PLAN FOR GETTING VISITORS OUT
A warm welcome is one thing, but a safe evacuation necessitates a completely different set of conditions. We've already discussed this point, but it's important to reiterate its significance.
The most difficult aspect of emergency plans is keeping track of everyone, Fortunately, proper use of a visitor management system can help with this.
EVALUATE AND IMPROVE YOUR SECURITY SYSTEMS FOR VISITOR MANAGEMENT
The times are changing, and visit patterns, as well as regulatory requirements, team composition, and a variety of other factors, may change. All of this necessitates constant vigilance and the ability to adapt your visitor management to changing circumstances.
Even if everything remains the same, don't miss out on the opportunity to improve your visitors' experience and protect your business.
Companies can improve facility safety and compliance by investing in digital visitor management systems. At the same time, it lowers administrative and overhead costs. There are a variety of options available if you want a clear picture of who is on-site at any given time, ranging from simple check-ins to integrated visitor management systems.