The Indian government announced the Lockdown 3.0. This allows economic activity in districts with zero cases in the past 21 days.
Activities permitted include the re-opening of various industrial and business operations irrespective of containment zones with highest safety protocols, recommends CII.
The businesses are able to resume, which has come with new challenges and including the implementation of an application that can facilitate contact tracing.
So what we’ll learn in this article:
- How to Manage the wave of COVID-19 with the contact tracing system?
- A close look at the tracing app's benefits.
- What is the use of the contact tracing system for every sector?
Manage the wave of COVID-19 with the contact tracing system
- The Indian government Searches for ways to exit lockdown and manage the wave of COVID-19 cases. In April, the Indian government used technology for a COVID-19 and released its contact tracing app, called Aarogya Setu — “a bridge to health”became the world’s fastest app to cross 50 million downloads when it achieved the feat in a fortnight.
- During my research, I came across two big tech rivals Google And Apple joined hands to develop contact tracing to their mobile operating systems as well.
- The Indian government announced on Friday that all workers, both in the public and private sectors, are required to install the nation's COVID-19 contact tracing app
A close look at the tracing app's benefits:
The Indian Governments have set out a plan to remove lockdown and want to get people back to work by using digital tools. Contact-tracing technology is one that helps authorities track the virus and warn staff with consistent alerts. Here are some ways to protect the workplaces with this tool.
Contact tracing is a safe way to keep the correct record
- This app facilities record the data in a safe and hygienic way to capture the information.
- The contact tracing system provides both visitors and employees with check-in and check-out with adding their information, capturing a photo with the user-friendly interface.
- With the screening feature, You can screen the visitors before their entry on the premises.
- This app uses visitor initial screening with digital questionnaires asking their health and travel history.
- Screening determines whether they are safe to enter your business or not. Employees can approve or disapprove visitors with the screening using this application.
Contactless visitor check-in
- Contactless check-ins are the best practice to prevent the spread of infection in the workplace.
- Visitors use their smartphones for themselves check-ins without the help of any third person.
- Sanitizing the tablet and smartphones before using.
- Visitors can check-ins using QR code.
- The contact-tracing system helps to track the infected person and warn staff with alerts.
- The contact tracing app notifies the employee if they have been in contact with an infected visitor.
Use of contact tracing system for every sector
This app is specially designed for offices, industries, hospitals, and many other premises that are planning to re-open offices after lockdown. Here are some ways to protect every sector with this system.
For Healthcare Sector:
Contact tracing is one of the most effective tools that public health officials have to halt a pandemic and prevent future outbreaks.
- It can assist the healthcare sector to screen the visitors and prevent the spread of this outbreak.
- Replaces the manual contact tracing to contactless operations.
New coronavirus contact tracing tool could help offices reopen by tracing employees.
- Visitor screening:- Easily screen visitors by asking them questions.
- Instant Alerts:- Notification to the employees for a arrival of any infected person
Industries like manufacturing, pharmaceutical units are considered an “essential services” organization today, so Contact Tracing tool act as saviours during this pandemic.
- Visitor Screening before entering with No-touch thermometers
- Touchless check-ins
Government agencies already use investigative tools for locating and contacting individuals who may be involved in social services, tax fraud or criminal investigations.
- Time Stamping with visitor records including date, name.
- The alerts are generated by scanning through government-owned, location-specific databases
The contact tracing app helps to stop COVID-19’s spread by “tracing” every visitor entering the workplace. Using this app we not only protect the people after lockdown as well this system can be the best precaution to avoid this kind of pandemic.